Workplace safety now places on par with the opportunity for advancement, when it comes to employee satisfaction.
Workplace safety now places on par with the opportunity for advancement, when it comes to employee satisfaction. In a recent survey published by Pinkerton Consulting & Investigations, New York, workplace violence was viewed as the greatest security concern to businesses. The study also ranks, in order of greatest concern, the following threats:
- Workplace Violence
- Business Interruption/Disaster Recovery
- Terrorism (global and domestic)
- Internet/Intranet Security
- Employee Selection/Screening Concerns
- Fraud/White-Collar Crime
- Unethical Business Conduct
- General Employee Theft
- Property Crime (external theft, vandalism)
- Drugs/Alcohol in the Workplace
Total costs associated with workplace violence are estimated at $36 billion annually.